Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Story Behind The Photo: The Confectionary


"The Confectionary" is a sweet shop in the Magic Kingdom (located in The Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida) filled with treats from wall to wall. This photo was taken after the building was completely repainted and the new coat of paint marked a monumental change in my life. It was on this day, at this moment, that I knew I found my soulmate for life. The sweetest gift in life is to love another person more than one loves oneself. The colors of this photo are so vibrant it felt like a blossoming spring as my love grew ever stronger for my now wife. If you are looking at this photo you are probably wondering how I captured it. The only way to capture the full scale of the building was to position myself low to the ground, very low. As in laying down on a sidewalk in Magic Kingdom low to capture a moment in time that was so beautiful it made me realize the great life I live. I photographed this image at 18mm in order to capture the full scale of the building and the perspective of the tree. I had originally taken this photo without the tree in the frame and sadly it didn't convey the depth of field or scale of the building. This shot, however, perfectly captured how I felt at that moment. The other benefit of the tree was to reflect the light of the sun which gave the image a glowing aura. After several attempts, with my girlfriend (who is now my wife) standing over my head keeping tourists from walking on me, this final shot was the ultimate gem. 

What are your thoughts on the image? What story do you see? Please comment below.  


No comments:

Post a Comment